Virginia Beach Bankruptcy Lawyer

Affordable Representation for Bankruptcy and Debt Management

When I have made all of my chapter 13 payments, what do I need to do before my case is closed?

After you have made all of your payments to the chapter 13 bankruptcy trustee:

  • You must complete a course in financial management from a provider approved by the United States Trustee and you must certify this to the court and the trustee in order to receive your discharge.
  • You must provide a signed affidavit verifying you have made all of your domestic support obligations, if any, during the pendency of your chapter 13 bankruptcy plan.